Sunday, October 2, 2011

Goals in Japanese: Part 1

I've got a lot of goals for this semester in Japanese, but right now I'll list some specific ones that pertain to improving my pronunciation and listening comprehension in the next couple of weeks.

Goals:
In the next few weeks, I would like to be able to correctly form each individual mora, working especially hard on the r- and g- groups.  In addition, I need to work on the correct way to fit a double consonant into a word so that it doesn't sound like a full break.  I would also like to further familiarize myself with all the times when vowels are dropped, so that I don't pronounce all words exactly as they are written instead of how they should be.  Finally, I need to work on distinguishing when one word ends and the next begins during listening, so that I can more easily make sense of longer sentences.

Activities:
In order to complete the above goals I intend to do Shadowing for about 10 minutes three times a week.  I will also attend the Japanese language table practice speaking and listening in an informal environment.  In addition, I will shadow one episode of anime per week to gain experience with a wider variety of speaking styles, beyond those posted on Blackboard.

Hopefully these activities will help me make progress toward my goals in the next few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. はじめまして、サガルディアですどうぞよろしく。ぼくは ノトルダムだいがくのがくせんです。I like seeing the kind of ambition you're portraying. However, remember to have fun with the language too. It's not all about the work right?

    ReplyDelete