Friday, October 28, 2011

にほんごの ゴール に

In the next few weeks of my study of Japanese, I've got another set of goals that I'd like to work on in order to focus my effort.

Goals:
I would like to really work on my intonation throughout various aspects of the Japanese language.  First, I need to make sure to really focus on learning the intonation of vocabulary when first learning the word, since I tend to make a habit of the wrong pronunciation if I start off wrong.  In addition, I would like to make sure not to raise the pitch of the end of a question, since this is an English phenomenon and isn't reflected in Japanese.  I do my best, but I often forget, especially when I'm focussing on the vocabulary. In terms of listening, I would like to work on increasing the speed at which I process the incoming information, since I occasionally get caught up in one part of the sentence and then misunderstand or forget other parts.

Activities:
In order to work toward these goal, I intend to listen carefully to the way in which my 先生 pronounces each vocabulary word in class, and to then repeat these to myself when studying.  In addition, I shall continue to go to the Japanese Language table every week to further build up speed of speaking and recognition.  I will continue to shadow every week, although I will be more modest in my goal this cycle, aiming for two ten to fifteen minute sessions per week.  While watching the little anime that I do, I will focus on extracting vocabulary and phrases that I understand and then shadowing these parts of the anime.

I'm really happy with my progress in Japanese so far and I can't wait to do more!

No comments:

Post a Comment