Friday, September 30, 2011

Japanese Running Through My Head

So it's really beginning to dawn on me how much work it is going to take to get myself to think in Japanese.  So far writing isn't too much of a problem and I can memorize vocabulary pretty well, but reading and speaking are hard... really hard.  I can eventually read a sentence or say what I want, but it takes practically an eternity.  I guess I just need to sit down and read a ton of Hiragana even if I have no idea what it means so that I get faster at sounding things out.  Speaking will also hopefully get better with time.  It sucks that I missed the language table this week, but I definitely want to go on Tuesday. にほんご,  はい

1 comment:

  1. こんにちは!ノートルダムがくのがくせいです。I could probably say more in Japanese but I feel like it might not make sense. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone and I am having similar problems. In speaking I find it especially hard to respond to questions since it takes me about five minutes to figure out what they just asked me. I guess it is just practice, practice, practice from here. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete